Garlic Lemon Chicken Kebabs
- 3 Tbs. plus 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper, plus more,
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut
into 3/4-inch pieces
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 large red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch
In a bowl, whisk together the 3 Tbs. olive oil, the lemon zest, garlic, parsley, the 1 tsp. salt and the 1/2 tsp. pepper. Add the chicken and stir to combine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
Soak a cedar plank in water according to the package instructions. Prepare a medium fire in a grill and heat the plank. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water to cover for at least 20 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the 1/2 cup olive oil, the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Thread the onion and bell pepper onto the skewers, alternating the pieces and dividing them equally. Remove the chicken from the marinade; discard the marinade. Thread the chicken onto separate skewers, taking care not to pack the pieces too tightly.
Lay the skewers on the plank. Brush the vegetables with the olive oil-lemon juice mixture. Close the lid and cook until the chicken is opaque throughout and the vegetables are soft and beginning to brown, 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer the skewers to a warmed platter and serve immediately. Serves 2.
Lemon and Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken
Lemon and yogurt have been used as a marinade for grilled chicken recipes for centuries. This grilled chicken recipe is very simple and the yogurt marinade keeps the chicken tender and moist. The marinade also adds a subtly tangy, and delicious flavor.
Makes 4 Portions of Lemon and Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (any plain yogurt will work)
1 lemon, juiced
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp dried Italian herb blend
1 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large chicken, cut into sections
Whisk together all the ingredients in a large bowl and add the chicken pieces. Toss very well to completely coat the chicken with the yogurt marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
Preheat grill. Remove chicken from the marinade, wiping off any excess. Season with additional salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste, if desired. Brush hot grates lightly with oil, and grill over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through.
Pizza Pull Apart Bread
1/2 batch pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup sliced pepperoni
Additional toppings of your choice
On a floured surface, roll your pizza dough out into a large rectangle. Top with sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Using a pizza cutter or a very sharp knife, cut the dough into long strips, then into squares, so you end up with about 20 squares. Stack the squares onto of each other, and stack into a greased loaf pan. (For pictures of this technique, check out how I did it with this cinnamon pull-apart bread). Cover the pan with plastic wrap and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Baked for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown. Allow to pizza to rest for 10 minutes before turning onto a serving platter. Serve with additional pizza sauce, if desired.
Creamy Ranch Pork Chops And Rice
What You’ll Need
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound)
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
3/4 cup milk
1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
How to Make It
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until browned on both sides.
Stir the soup, milk and 1/2 package salad dressing mix in the skillet and heat to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the pork is cooked through.
Sprinkle with the paprika.
Serve with the Ranch-Style Rice
- 1 cup seedless raisins or currants
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup fat, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine raisins or currants, sugar, corn syrup, boiling water, melted fat, salt and spices in a saucepan. Place over moderate heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Cool.
- Add sifted flour, baking soda and baking powder; mix thoroughly and turn into a greased 9 x 5 x 3″ loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour.
This cake is deliciously moist and does not require icing, but if you want to ice the cake, simply beat 1 egg white until frothy. Slowly beat into the egg white 1/2 cup of boiling corn syrup. Beat until stiff peaks form. Whip in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and ice the cake immediately.
Greek Coconut Lemon Cake
- 125 grams butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1&1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- juice and grated rind of 2 lemons
In a food processor cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs. Add coconut and flour – mix well and pour into a 20cm square tin or loaf tin lined with baking paper. Bake in preheated oven at 200°C for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 150°C and bake a further 30 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer. Stand for 5 minutes in the tin then pour over the prepared syrup – cool completely in tin before removing.
Syrup: Place all ingredients in a small saucepan – bring to boil, stir until sugar has dissolved. Reduce heat to simmer 5 minutes – pour hot syrup over cake.
Special Instructions: Serve warm with whipped cream as a dessert or in thin slices as an afternoon tea cake.
Cream Puff Chocolate Eclair Cake
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 4 cups milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 large (5.1 oz) pkgs instant vanilla pudding (or 3 small, 3.4 oz)
- 1 8-ounce container Cool Whip
- Chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
For the Pastry:
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat butter and water to boiling over medium-high heat. Add flour and reduce heat to low. Cook and stir until it forms a ball and pulls away from the pan. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Spread in bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 35 minutes. Cool completely.
For the Chocolate Filling:
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Continue heating at 20 second intervals until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Sift in the powdered sugar, a little at a time, stirring as you go. Dribble water in to the mixture until smooth and spreadable (you may or may not use all the water). Spread over the cooled pastry.
For the Cream Filling:
- In mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Slowly and gradually add the milk while still beating. Once these are well combined, add pudding mix and beat until thickened. Spread over chocolate layer in cooled pastry.
- Top with whipped topping, and draw lines of chocolate syrup across the top, then run a knife down the top in the opposite direction of the syrup lines, about every 2 inches. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Pink Lemonade Layer Cake
1 box white cake mix (plus ingredients needed according to box, eggs, oil, etc)
3 tbsp. sweetened pink lemonade drink powder
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 pound powdered sugar, sifted (about 3 1/4 cups)
1 stick butter, softened
3 tbsp. frozen pink lemonade concentrate
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 DROP red food coloring
Optional – sliced lemon for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 2- 8 inch round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray. Mix cake mix and lemonade powder. Prepare cake batter according to box directions. Stir in lemon zest and pour mix into pans evenly. Bake 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes then invert on cooling rack and let cool completely.
For frosting beat all ingredients well. Transfer 1 cake to cake platter and frost. Place second cake on top and frost. Garnish with lemon slices.