Zuppa Toscana soup
- 3 cans (14oz) Chicken Broth
- 2 cups whipping cream
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 medium onion, diced,
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pkg. bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 lb mild Italian ground sausage
- 3 potatoes scrubbed and cut into slices or small chunks
- Cook and crumble the bacon, set aside.
- Cook and crumble the italian sausage in a large pot.
- Once sausage is cooked through, add chicken broth, and spinach to the pot.
- Place a lid on the pot and let it come to a slight boil.
- While chicken broth is coming to a boil, slice potatoes in half and then cut 1/4 inch thick slices.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sautee the potatoes, diced onion, and garlic.
- Sautee until potatoes are cooked through.
- Once potatoes are cooked, add cooked/crumbled bacon and the potato mixture to the pot of chicken broth and sausage.
- Stir together, and add in whipping cream. (don’t boil it once the whipping cream is in it because it could curdle)
- Add salt and pepper to taste