Minted Lamb And Vegetable Soup
Serves : 4
- 3 large carrots
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 3 medium potatoes
- lamb leg joint or shank
- enough water to cover the meat
- 5 tablespons mint sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:5min – Cook:2hours – Extra time:25min – Ready in:2hours30min
- Boil water add the meat and cook for approx 30 mins.
- Add chopped carrots, potatoes and frozen peas and a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Leave to simmer for one and a half hours (keep scraping the froth off).
- 5 minutes before serving, add 4-5 heaped teaspoons of mint sauce maybe more depending on how much flavour you require.
- Serve with a nice uncut crusty loaf of bread