Sweet chilli and basil stir fry with crispy noodles
Need something quick for dinner? This 20 minute stir fry uses fresh vegetables and crispy noodles to make this pork stir fry unique and delicious.
Cooking time: 40 minutes
500g Pork fillet sliced*
1 tablespoon olive oil*
2 teaspoons chilli paste
2 cloves garlic crushed
12 basil leaves torn
2 tomatoes seeded and diced
100g baby beans blanched
1 continental cucumber diced
Crispy noodles to serve
Steamed rice to serve*
Make this meal healthier by using Tick approved ingredients.
*Products available with the Tick. Remember all fresh fruit and vegetables automatically qualify for the Tick.
1. Combine the sliced pork fillet, garlic and chilli paste in a small bowl.
2. Heat the oil in a large wok over medium heat and fry the basil leaves until clear and crisp. Remove gently and set aside to drain.
3. Increase the heat to high and stir fry the pork fillet for 2 – 3 minutes.
4. Toss through the tomato and beans and heat through.
5. Fold through the cucumber and spoon stir fry onto a bed of crispy fried noodles.
6. Top with the fried basil leaves and serve with steamed Jasmine rice.
Crispy Lemon Chicken
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup lemon Juice
- 1 grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons oil
- chopped spring onion for garnish
- Mix corn starch with the lemon juice. Mix the lemon rind, stock, ginger, brown sugar, and corn starch mixture together in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minutes. Set aside while preparing chicken.
- Lightly beat together the egg whites and water. Then mix together the flour and cornmeal. Dip the chicken in the egg white mixture, and then in the flour mixture to coat evenly.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the chicken until the juices run clear.
- Pour over the lemon sauce and served garnished with chopped spring onion.
Recipe Source….. recipelion.com
This recipe is a great twist on the classic Scotcharoos. These delicious no bake bars come together in a matter of minutes and have all the flavor of the traditional recipe.
With chocolate chips, marshmallows, creamy peanut butter and butterscotch chips, All-In-One Scotcheroos will open up your world of no bake recipes; that is, if you haven’t already fallen in love with them.
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup butter
- 10 ounces bag of marshmallows
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a large sauce pan, melt together the butter, peanut butter, and bag of marshmallows.
- When the marshmallows are melted, turn off the heat and stir in the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- When the chips are melted, stir in the crispy rice cereal.
- Spread the mixture into a greased 8×11 inch pan. Cut into squares when the bars are completely cool and set up.