Crispy Lemon Chicken
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup lemon Juice
- 1 grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 pound chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons oil
- chopped spring onion for garnish
- Mix corn starch with the lemon juice. Mix the lemon rind, stock, ginger, brown sugar, and corn starch mixture together in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minutes. Set aside while preparing chicken.
- Lightly beat together the egg whites and water. Then mix together the flour and cornmeal. Dip the chicken in the egg white mixture, and then in the flour mixture to coat evenly.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the chicken until the juices run clear.
- Pour over the lemon sauce and served garnished with chopped spring onion.
Recipe Source….. recipelion.com