Barbecued Chicken with Fresh Mango Salsa
- 4 (100g) skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 (2cm) piece fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 25 minutes
Preheat barbecue on high heat, and lightly oil cooking grate.
Rub chicken breast fillets with salt and pepper.
Cook on hot barbecue for 10 to 15 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Remove from heat, set aside, and keep warm.
Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and sauté garlic for about 1 minute.
Add ginger and mangoes and cook 3 to 4 minutes until mangoes are tender.
Add the cider vinegar and white wine.
Season with salt and pepper.
Stir in coriander, and remove from heat.
Spoon frying pan mixture over the barbecued chicken to serve.