There’s nothing more delicious than homemade southern cake recipes. This tasty layered cake is made with crushed pineapple, bananas and pecans and, here’s the best part, topped with a cream cheese frosting.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8-ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups bananas, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- For the Frosting:
- 1 (8-ounces) package of cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- splash of half and half
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt , baking soda, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add eggs and oil. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. DO NOT beat. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans and bananas.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until tooth-pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake, then sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans on top. Store in refrigerator. Makes one 3-layer cake.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Mix all of the ingredients, except powdered sugar and vanilla, with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Add enough half & half or milk to mix to spreading consistency.
Recipe Source….. www.recipelion.com