Creole Chilli Peanut Chowder
- 50 grams butter
- 1 large onion chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup finely sliced celery
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce (or other type of chilli sauce to taste)
- juice and grated rind of 1 juicy lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat – add onion and cook until softened. Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes stirring constantly – slowly add stock stirring until smooth.
Add celery, peanut butter, cream, sweet chilli sauce, the lemon juice and grated rind. Reduce heat – cover and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and pour into 4 soup plates. Spoon a swirl of sour cream into each serving and sprinkle with chopped roast peanuts and parsley. **Special Instructions:** A lovely creamy combination that really packs some great flavour.
Recipe Source….. joseagar.com