Cinnamon Breakfast Rolls
Everyone loves cinnamon rolls, whether for breakfast, lunch, or just a snack. These are simply divine! Serve them up with a tall glass of milk and enjoy.
Cooking Time: 25 min
- 1/2 cup quite warm milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Combine the 1/2 cup of warm milk, salt, sugar, yeast, egg, shortening and flour and knead.
- Roll out into a 12″x7″ rectangle.
- Combine butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, powdered sugar, and the 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Spread the dough rectangle with half the mixture.
- Roll up the long way and cut 12 rolls.
- Place in a 9″ round pan.
- Let rise 25-30 minutes.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 400F degrees.
- While still warm, frost with the other half of the cinnamon mixture.