Sweetcorn And Zucchini Fritters
- 1 x 310 g can cream style sweetcorn
- 2-3 Zucchinis grated (approximately 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs – separated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
- 50 g butter and 3 tablespoons oil, to cook
In a bowl mix the cream style corn, grated zucchini, self raising flour, milk, egg yolks, salt, freshly ground black pepper and sweet chilli sauce. In a separate small bowl beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites into the mixture. Melt 50 g butter and 3 tablespoons oil in a non stick pan and cook spoonfuls of the mixture over a medium heat for about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Special Instructions: Serve with crisp bacon or sausages and a green salad, or simply with a dollop of sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.