Pizza Puff Pinwheels
- 375g pack ready rolled puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 6 tbsp ready made pasta sauce (not too chunky)
- 100g wafer thin ham
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp dried oregano or mixed herbs
- Preheat oven to fan 180C/conventional 200C/gas 6. Unroll the pastry onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out to 40 x 32cm. Spread a layer of pasta sauce over it, leaving a 1cm border around the edges. Arrange the ham evenly on top, then scatter the grated cheese over.
- Starting at one of the short ends, roll the pastry up as tightly as possible. Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes or so.
- Take a very sharp knife and cut the roll into 12 equal slices, laying them flat on 2 non-stick baking trays as you go. Brush each pinwheel lightly with beaten egg and sprinkle over the herbs. Bake for 12-15 minutes until puffed and golden. Leave to stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.