If you or the family aren’t too keen on seafood, just substitute chicken in this tasty recipe instead.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
2 tbs Flora pro-activ Original/Buttery*
2 onions, sliced
1 cup Arborio rice
2 cups (500ml) reduced salt chicken stock
200g can no added salt diced tomatoes
1 tbs smoked paprika
2 cups frozen peas*
500g seafood marinara mix
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
2 limes or lemon wedges, to serve
2 cups mixed salad leaves
1 carrot, sliced
2 tbs balsamic dressing
*Products available with the Heart Foundation Tick. Remember all fresh fruit and vegetables automatically qualify for the Tick.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon Flora pro-activ in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and rice and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Stir in the stock, tomatoes, and paprika and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring the risotto every 5 minutes. Stir in the peas for the last 5 minutes of the cooking time.
2. Heat the remaining Flora pro-activ in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Place the larger pieces of seafood in the pan first and cook until golden, turning while cooking. Add the smaller pieces and stir until cooked.
3. Gently stir the cooked seafood and half the parsley through the risotto.
4. To make the salad, toss together the lettuce, carrot and dressing.
5. Serve the risotto with the salad, lime or lemon wedges and the extra parsley on the side for sprinkling on the risotto.
Tip Make a chicken risotto by substituting the marina mix and parsley with skinless diced chicken (trimmed of all visible fat) and coriander.
Recipe and image provided courtesy of Flora pro-activ spread.