Greek Style Mini Spring Lamb Roasts
1kg baby or chat potatoes, halved
Handful oregano leaves
12 garlic cloves, unpeeled & bases removed
3 tbsp olive oil
1½ tbsp chopped oregano
2 tsp chopped rosemary
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
1½ tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp cracked black pepper
2 x 400g lamb mini roasts
Green salad to serve
2 x non-stick baking trays
Medium mixing bowl
1. Roast potatoes Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan). Place potatoes on baking tray and scatter over oregano and garlic cloves, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Place on top rack of oven for 30 mins.
2. Marinate meat Meanwhile, place oregano, rosemary, garlic, zest, juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in bowl, stir to combine. Put mini roasts in bowl and coat with marinade. Place on second baking tray.
3. Remove potatoes from oven, turn and crush lightly using back of spoon, and return to top rack. Roast lamb with potatoes for 20 to 25 mins for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
4. Rest lamb Remove lamb from oven, cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 mins. While lamb is resting, increase oven temp to 250°C (230°C fan) to crisp up potatoes for 10 mins. Remove potatoes from oven and season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve Carve lamb and serve with roast spuds and green salad.
Mini lamb roasts are a great alternative to a large leg as they’re much faster to cook and carve.