Barbecued Butterflied Leg of Lamb Korean-Inspired
- 160ml hoisin sauce
- 90ml rice vinegar
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2.5kg boneless butterflied leg of lamb
Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 30 minutes | Extra time: 8 hours, marinating
In a large resealable plastic bag, mix hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, spring onions, soy sauce, garlic, honey, sesame oil, sesame seeds, white pepper and black pepper. Place lamb in bag, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
Preheat your barbecue for high heat.
Oil the cooking grate. Place lamb on the grate and discard marinade. Cook 15 minutes on each side, to a minimum internal temperature of 63 C, or to desired doneness.
Transfer meat to a serving platter, and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.